The Team: Commercial Finance
Contract Type: Permanent
Work Schedule: Normal working hours
Home office opportunity: Yes, depending on further agreement
What you'll be doing:
As Bid Costing Analyst, you will be in charge of:
- As a Bid cost analyst you'll be working as part of the Commercial Finance work stream of virtual, geographically diverse bid teams
- You'll be assisting in the preparation and submission of the financial aspects of the bids in compliance with BT's internal process.
- You'll be typically reporting into the Commercial Finance Manager (bid lead for finance), who will hold ultimate responsibility for production of the end to end bid financials, including internal financial statements, briefing papers and customer facing pricing models.
- Based on direction from the Lead Finance Manager you will be required to work with the input owners to understand and validate inputs against technical designs and customer requirements, mitigating the risk of errors and processing the data into a fit for purpose format, highlighting any issues or risks arising.
- You'll be ensuring that all risks and issues are identified during input validation (both financial and non-financial) are clearly communicated to the Finance lead.
- You'll be using your Excel expertise to create dynamic cost models, building flexibility to present multiple scenarios and efficiently accommodate changing customer requirements (e.g. volumes, contract terms, product options) as specified by the Finance Lead.
- You'll be working primarily in Excel and provide cost modelling support, with responsibility for the processing of cost inputs from raw data into a format appropriate to meet the customer specific requirements of the bid.
- You as a BCA will be providing concise and well-presented cost breakdowns and analyses to the Finance lead in support of internal briefings and Customer negotiations.
We'll also need to see these on your CV:
- Focusing on the objectives and the required outcomes of the processes during delivering a service
- Working with a cooperative and positive attitude in a group settings to achieve common goals
- The ability to convey information to someone effectively and efficiently while creating a good first impression and engaging the audience
- Ability to comprehend and to systematically organize the various aspects of a problem or situation
- Taking the responsibility and takes care of the consequences of making a decision
- Acting in advance of a future situation, e.g. making things happen, putting energy to solve the situation is an advantage
- Previous Finance experience is an advantage
- Effective time and workload management – ability to plan, prioritise and deliver
- Strong Excel skills, VBA knowledge not essential
- Good data analysis and presentation skills.
- Willingness to occasionally work long or anti-social hours to meet critical deadlines. / Willingness to travel occasionally.
- English on a fluent level
- German on a fluent level is an advantage
Also, French or German or Italian or Spanish on a conversational level is an advantage.
If you are interested, please send us your CV and cover letter in English to the firstname.lastname@example.org Please refer to the position and company in your e-mail.